Subject: [Leica] M9 gotcha
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 07:45:37 -0700

This weekend I learned, the hard way, that if you ask an M9 to produce
compressed DNG files it only keeps 8 bits per pixel. If you want the full 14
bits per pixel that the sensor records you have to store uncompressed DNG.

I didn't read the documentation as closely as i should have. Not that the
documentation is explicit about this. On page 174 of the English-language
manual it says that DNG compression is achieved "by non?linear reduction of
color depth".

Foo. Next time I'll get this right.

Replies: Reply from red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] M9 gotcha)
Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] M9 gotcha)