Subject: [Leica] Light and shadows
From: jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 18:33:08 -0500
References: <EBB4A12A-2843-4D54-AE5C-EDBB147FF3DD@gmail.com> <98AD3ADFB7FF406EAF7A0685902FBFFE@syneticfeba505> <B6455BE4-683D-41FD-A023-7E1FF64DB1F5@gmail.com> <BA993115-731B-40EC-B68E-A7A765A822D8@gmail.com> <F7B5FD18-E0B9-4DBE-AA13-A38F251C9176@gmail.com> <0146490E-947A-4159-93AF-94B92F7A269D@me.com> <754DEE47-1CC6-41AF-BB4A-7519941407FA@gmail.com> <A2E86B0C-CD31-4DB3-AF7E-6D3402F99A02@gmail.com>

Lluis,

I too like Klemperer's tempos and the extreme power of the Philharmonia in
the 1960's, which went very well with Wagner, Beethoven, and Mahler. The 5
Beethoven concertos with Klemperer and Barenboim are my favorites as well.
Sadly, his Tchaikovsky 4, 5, and 6 by Klemperer seem to still be out of
print. I bought my LP set in about 1966.

Jeffery