Subject: [Leica] photographer sued
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 01:51:36 -0400

In the US which is where this is taking place I know that the issue of
"reasonable expectation of privacy" REOP, can get complicated.

In the past a case was successfully made that in a persons backyard covered
by trees they had REOP. And they won the case. And this was repeated.
Front yard no REOP. Back yard yes.
But what's interesting is these were normal run of the mill people.
Turns out if you are a person in the public eye. A movie star etc you do not
have REOP in your back yard. You should be expecting a photographer in every
tree with whatever lens they won on ebay that week.

So the issue can be if you are Joe Smo or Brad Pitt; where your REOP
boundaries lay.

Me I'm ok with that. And as that's what the law says and how its practiced
than that's a nice coincidence.

>>> http://www.imagist.com/blog