Subject: [Leica] To tempt Fuji X users?
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 12:09:35 +0100 (BST)

Yes Mark, but you have not owned either a M9 or a X1- Pro AFAIK.
I bought an X1-Pro in a fit of enthusiasm when I was in the dealers ordering
my new M240. As I went home I was telling myself what a stupid thing to do,
typical impulse purchase, didn't need it etc.
In fact I now use it as much as my M9 and am seriously considered cancelling
my M240 order, not least because Leica seem to have abandoned their
traditional dealers in favour of their London boutique so I am seriously
considering whether I wish to be one of their customers any more.

In terms of photographic results I am impressed and, actually, your
calculation below makes the M240 look a stupid purchase since, whilst I
expect it may be a bit better than the Fuji it absolutely certainly won't be
5x better.
I'm going to phone the dealer now for a discussion and maybe to cancel my
M240 order. Thanks for concentrating my mind.

MTW the car analogy would be, IME, like comparing a BMW (Fuji) with a
Mercedes (Leica) which was 5x the price. IMO a Merc is as much better than a
BM as the Leica is than the Fuji, and I would definitely get the BM if the
Merc was 5x dearer.

FD

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] To tempt Fuji X users?)
Reply from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] To tempt Fuji X users?)