Subject: [Leica] To tempt Fuji X users?
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 08:09:45 -0700

>> For those who are " thinking about my order for the M240 vs. the X
>> series."
>> Kind of sounds like one is in the middle of really financing a seven grand
>> full frame M but then somehow looking over at the $1400 1.5 crop Fuji in
>> the
>> same breath?
>> Here's what I came up with:
>> $7000 - $1400 = $5600.00 savings
>> And also:
>> $7000/$1400 = 5.0
>>
>> So if you last minute having saved seven grand for the M  but then get
>> the X
>> instead you have $5600 burning a hole in your back pocket that can buy you
>> exactly four more X's.
>> That's quite a discrepancy of dreams!
>> ... Or an extra lens and a trip around the world.
>>
>> Its like "oh boy I get to finally buy that Rolls Royce now but maybe that
>> Honda Civic will also get me there?"
>> Or as we say in the US of A:  apples and oranges.
>> Or lets say you saved up to get a Harley motorcycle but then got a tuna
>> fish
>> sandwich instead? Lots of left over here too for extras:
>> Tomatoes
>> Cheese.
>> Lettuce.
>> Pickles
>> Rye bread.
>>
>> I'm afraid I'm just not seeing the overlap between M dreams and X dreams.
>> To me they just don't belong in the same rapid eye movement cycle.
>> At very least there's a full tuna on rye separating them.

rather than talking sandwiches, buy or at least use the cameras first....

other wise it's all a fish story. I cancelled my M240 which was ordered from
B and H, when I saw the Fuji results compared to my M9, did some thinking,
spoke to others, did the math....

I know Mark you want a full frame camera, an M249 above all else... best not
take your assumptions and wishes for reality.

Steve

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] To tempt Fuji X users?)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] To tempt Fuji X users?)
Message from frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE) ([Leica] To tempt Fuji X users?)