Subject: [Leica] Technical detail--why?
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 07:37:36 +0100

+1
Absolutely!

Or lust for and finally buy for my own use :-)
Jayanand's last cranes ballet was not taken using brand X, Y or Z. And
if I was to get there to shoot and not to air or sport gear, I think
I'd get his type of gear along.

Paradoxically, it may also help to debunk urban legends or die-hard
folklore - some of my recent takes were taken with the cheapest lenses
on the market, and yet some of you said they were sharp and more
acceptable in certain cases; this knowledge may help other folks with
more limited pockets to have access to new pleasures so long as they
can overcome the common prejudice, and please my eye in return ...

OTT: I'm always happy to discover the names and specifics of an artist
on a label next to their pictures at museums - and even though 'canvas
on wood' or 'silver gelatin print' doesn't help me much as such, it
trains my eye and brains and inspires me towards progress in a way. It
may also triger further research on the person or the technique used,
for my own culture or improvement.
That's why I usually leave the exif available for those who want to
know.
Others may just pass their turn and not click on the icon.
YMMV is truer than ever in that respect.

Bien cordialement de Metz
Philippe

Le 24 mars 13 ? 23:25, Tina Manley a ?crit :