Subject: [Leica] Technical detail--why?
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 16:17:07 -0700

I, too, wrote lots of things down back in my film days about exposure and
the like.  I have to admit that I did not often take the time to study the
data as it related to my slides, but I did at times, and it did help me
become a better photographer for things that might be considered tricky
exposures.  So, I guess the point was that I wanted to learn how my camera
behaved, or misbehaved, under various lighting situations so I could learn
from that and not waste film.  Now with EXIF, I don't have to write things
down, but now I admit I just bracket when I suspect there might be a tricky
situation where even a histogram might not get me what I want (probably due
to my ignorance of histograms other than the basics).

I did not do it to determine which lens I used as if you can't tell what the
perspective or angle of view is in the viewfinder you have no business
taking photos.

I think some mention the camera or lens to justify Leica Content on a Leica
group.  I know I do, since I don't use Leica bodies, and only half my lenses
are Lecia on my Nikon.

Aram