Subject: [Leica] How do limited edition digital prints work?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 01:20:36 -0500

Only if you say some kind of limited edition is  what you're doing. Often
you put a number with your signature on or behind your print 6/35 means its
the sixth print out of a run of 35. But a recent controversy is pointing to
the fact that that is only an edition of that size print normally. I'm sure
you have a document in writing. As most documents tend to be. Spec filly
telling the investor why his investment is so valuable.
All of this is totally unnatural to what photography is all about.
In most print making forms 6/35 has meaning as its early in the run when the
plate or silk screen is fresh. Later in the run it would be softened up a
bit and have less value. You could read a whole book on graphics marketing
it but a photo negative or digital capture only makes a limited edition
because its more convenient for the gallery owner to make money. Its an
affront to the work itself. As run photography is capable of is infinite.
Which  is a long way away.
I'm with Ansell Adams on this opinion.

Myyy PRECIOUSSS.