Subject: [Leica] How do limited edition digital prints work?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 22:53:07 -0800

Adam Bridge asked:

> Not that I'm in any way likely to create a limited edition set of digital
> prints but can someone explain the rules?
If you make a series of images from an original digital frame, are you from
then on forbidden from revisiting that frame again? It would seem to me that
you would be, but I just wanted to be sure.
Thanks for any answers. If this is too off-topic I apologize.<<<<<<<

No need to apologize because this kind of subject is what the "LUG FAMILY IS
ALL ABOUT!"  REALLY! HELPING EACH OTHER WHERE AND WHEN
POSSIBLE!"..........................

Hi Adam,
I'm sure this situation has many "answers!" However in my case?

I have a gallery who handle all sales of my photos. If I'm asked about
purchasing a print or image? I immediately turn it over to the gallery and
they look after what is required in charging for use, whatever that maybe?

An example? My photograph of Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau that is
considered the most ICONIC political photo in the history of Canada. And a
patron wishes a print.. 16X20? The minimum price for a print to hang on the
wall is $2000.oo! They have sold 8 prints so far at that price! As I
understand, as soon as it reaches 10? The price will double, if not more?
Gallery receives a percentage and I receive mine!

If the purchaser wants a broader use of the photo............ I sit back and
the Gallery handle all the negotiations whatever they maybe.  I don't ask
questions, I just receive the cheque! :-) KISS! My mode of operation! :-)

I'm sure many of the LUG have various answers to your question? But this is
how mine works.

cheers,
Dr. ted

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] How do limited edition digital prints work?)