Subject: [Leica] New M/ BOKEH?????
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 08:23:30 -0700

Naw relax old buddy, no need to cringe I can't throw a brick that far any
longer!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

However I can say what I thought was the worst out of focus back-grounds and
it drove me crazy until some drunken off duty cops jumped me after a
football game because they thought I was taking their photos.

I was, but if they weren't beating-up a couple of rent-a-cop security guys,
I'd not have smashed my Nikon adapted mirror lens to fit my Leica when three
of them jumped me and beat me on the head with their fists while the camera
and lens were under my body digging into the ground. Lens eventually being
torn out of body mount.

When the 500mm mirror lens came out I got one right away. Then discovered
all the various sizes and shapes of dinky circles all over the
back-ground........ just drove me crazy because quite often they were so
obvious they took the eyes away from the subject.

So when it was torn right out of the body lens mount the insurance company
paid me in cash and I bought a Leica lens as I should've done in the first
place.

In my case that is the only time I was understanding of an "ugly out of
focus background". But never heard the word "bokeh" ever used.

So I  suppose I've experienced bokeh without the fancy name! :-) But it
truly was an ugly effect.

cheers,
ted.. :-)