Subject: [Leica] New M/ BOKEH?????
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 03:05:53 -0400

In agreement where Ted is coming from the idea of good or bad bokeh being a
deal breaker and really the main focus of why to buy one lens over another
is so obsurd it makes my teeth hurt. Far more important would seem to be to
focus ones attention on what's in focus.
Vibration reduction is a huge thing. Huge.
A paradigm shifter big time.
If its conceivably possible that it would effect the out of focus areas of
the image my big thought on the issue is: who the hell cares? You're hand
holding a 30omm lens at a 50th of a second I say that's a reason to
celebrate. And a reason to go out and make images like you never could
before. Or stay in and do it in your living room... turn the lights down
low. Not have to use a wide. Do a portrait session with a 90mm and
candlelight.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography