Subject: [Leica] SHOOTING B&W? - HENNING
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard)
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 17:03:31 +0200

Le 29 ao?t 12 ? 15:52, Mark Rabiner a ?crit :

> Last year I spent around 5 months committing to B&W with my D700.
> I rigged it so its what I saw in my monitor on the back of the camera.
> I think I did so by having a monochrome jpeg be shot but also a
> normal RAW.
> When they popped up on my computer monitor the Raw files would  be
> black and
> white momentary but would convert in a few moments to color. I
> rigged up a
> thing where I'd select them all hit a key and they'd go back to the
> monochrome what  I saw in the back of my camera. Often with a not so
> subtle
> color toning cool or warm or some odd thing. Green even.
> Most of these images when I got to them a year later I went with color
> versions of them. And threw away the old monocrome .psd Photoshop
> files.
> But those files were washed out looking as I did them with my
> macbook pro
> screen. Now that I'm working with a NEC bigger and easier to calibrate
> screen my images are much more viable. They have blacks.  I spent a
> few
> years making washed out images with no blacks. I wish you guys
> woulda told
> me!

I think I had told you, but well, that was your signature tne Mark,
and worked nicely on the night flowers IMHO

the D700 systematically exposes to the right, a slight click on the
black slider in LR usually gives a shot some punch, to the detriment
of subtlety though

Keep the night flowers coming as was Mark

Amiti?s
Philippe