Subject: [Leica] M9 firmware update and 3rd party batteries
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 17:39:15 +1000

No magic involved, Herbert!
Battery charge has always been checked prior to performing a firmware
update (or sensor clean). The risks are obvious.

These are different situations to power management during normal operation
to prevent possible write problems though, which is what people are
querying.

Cheers,
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman