Subject: [Leica] Using the Fuji X Pro-1
From: ekowaleski at twmi.rr.com (Edward Kowaleski)
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 08:56:37 -0700

Thanks for the update.  I'm looking forward to handling it when I see you in
Bar Harbor.

Do you have an opinion of the quality of images generated from DNG files
that have been converted from proprietary Fuji or Nikon RAW files?  I know
you find the conversion a little (or lots) longer but is there any
qualitative difference?

I have been converting all my Panasonic or Nikon RAW images to DNG as soon
as I take the chip out of the camera.  It makes subsequent processing and
storage simpler (to me) and keeps all my RAW files on one platform  which I
feel confident that Adobe will maintain similar to their Acrobat PDF files.
I'd appreciate your thoughts on this.

Ed