Subject: [Leica] Using the Fuji X Pro-1
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 14:35:52 -0400

Ed - I can't make a comparison to the Nikon RAW processor since I've never
used it.   The Fuji RAW processor--at least on the few images I've tried it
with--seems to produce slightly sharper images but they have noticeable
splotchy color noise that I do not see using the Adobe RAW converter.  The
splotchy noise isn't at all bad, but it is noticeable and I'd rather not see
it at all.

I convert all my RAW files to DNG on import just as you do.

The camera will be with me when I go to Maine and by then we should know
whether or not it's going to be a useful platform for my neglected Leica
lenses.

Regards,

Dick