Subject: [Leica] MM Review
From: scottgregory at mac.com (Scott Gregory)
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 22:43:32 -0400

I am wondering who really needs this MM camera. Especially at the price
point. I've shot black and white and colour with an M8 and now an M9 and all
the files are so good that it's scary.
You can print huge files with these camera files and with Nik software to
finesse your black and white files, they really are something.
I am really starting to think you get to a point with all of this hardware
and after a certain level it's all just trying to sell you something you
don't really need. At least for most people who are printing various sizes
if they print at all.
You
Look at the work of the old
Masters like Cartier-Bresson, Doisneau, Ilse Bing etc, even our own Dr. Ted
and the work stands the test of time even today with all the latest and
greatest gadgets.
Personally I'm tired of all the hype of the latest and greatest and am just
going to enjoy what I am fortunate to shoot with and not think twice about M
and M.

Scott