Subject: [Leica] A bad couple of hours
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Phil Forrest)
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 00:36:16 -0400

Sometimes mine does that when it's hanging on my shoulder and I don't
notice it until I try to change something so I wind up with a bunch of
jpg files and not the RAW flexibility that I want. I really hate
snapshot mode and if I keep the M9 I'm going to be gluing something on
the back to prevent the buttons from getting pushed accidentally.

To me, snapshot mode is setting my Super Angulon to f/8 and then
setting the focus on hyperfocal, about 5 feet. THAT is all I need for a
shapshot. At that setting, my SA pretty much outresolves everything
else I own, save for my DR Summicron maybe.

Perhaps May 10 will see the release of a firmware upgrade in which
snapshot mode can be disabled and only enabled by pushing several
buttons at a time (like rewinding a Nikon F5.)
...and a profile for the 21mm SA f/3.4 would be nice too.

Phil Forrest

--
philforrest.wordpress.com
gallery.leica-users.org/v/philforrest