Subject: [Leica] A bad couple of hours
From: scleroplex at gmail.com (scleroplex)
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 07:50:45 -0400

the title of your email really scared me initially :-))
bharani

Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 21:00:58 -0700
From: Herbert Kanner <kanner at acm.org>
To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>

I just had the s---t scared out of me. I took the SD card out of my
M9 and processed a few shots in LR4. I put the card back in the
camera and reformatted it. I then noticed that the main menu cycled
through only about eight alternatives and the ISO button on the left
was inoperative.

I was just about to think about re-installing the firmware into my
"busted" camera when I noticed that the camera had somehow (mea
culpa) gotten into "snapshot mode".

Now why in hell would anyone who spent $7000 on a camera want to put
it into an idiot point-and-shoot mode? I can just barely accept the
fact that there is an option for the camera to output .jpg although I
can't image using it myself. But snapshot mode !#$&^%$#!#$^%#$!!!!!

Herb

Herb

--
Herbert Kanner