Subject: [Leica] What a cheap lens can do
From: lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 23:18:45 +0100

Dear Ted, and as always, for me, buenas noches querido amigo!

Thank you very much for your kind words. I think that the old
aficionados we know how to obtain better performance from an old lens,
we was formed in our photography early years to be careful with the
light and try to compose to obtain the best possible of the situation,
today with the modern lenses these things are less necessary. I love
the opera and I know something about the art of singing, and it is a
similar thing with the great singers, they are able to sing the same
thing when they was young and when they becomes ... older, we have
many examples, maybe the most popular in our days is Placido Domingo,
of course he has not the same powerful voice now than 20 years ago,
but his technique allows him to manage his voice in very, very nice
modulations that makes we are always loving him. Simply because he
knows the small tips of the "m?tier".

On the other hand and I don't know why, I think that modern digital
technology produce better results on such lenses than in film and on
the light conditions was not difficult, even so I've tested some
backlight and even at full aperture and they was quite good.

In any case thanks again for these kind comments, I think we can apply
this for the old lenses as McArthur say "The old soldiers never die,
only fade"

cheers
Lluis

El 18/01/2012, a las 22:32, <tedgrant at shaw.ca> escribi?: