Subject: [Leica] What a cheap lens can do
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 13:32:10 -0800

Lluis Ripoll SHOWED:

> These two with M8 and Industar f 2.8/53mm black:
>
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Barcelona/L1023530BN.jpg.html>
>
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Barcelona/L1023528BNw.jpg.html>
>

> These two with M8 and Industar f 3.5/5 cm chrome
>
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Barcelona/L1023518BNw.jpg.html>
>
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Barcelona/L1023517BNw.jpg.html>

Dear Lluis, Buenos d?as querido amigo!

Well what you really illustrate quite perfectly is.......... "The lens is
only as good as the photographer using it!" There are always users who'll
babble on about the lens does this, it's so sharp, no distortions, etc. etc.
and because they use the super XYZ lens their pictures are great images!

However, in reality no matter all the accolades they pour out about great
lenses... therefore great pictures! Is pure unadulterated "CRAP!"

You come along with a $30.00 lens or two and shoot absolutely perfect
looking pictures, compositions, light excellent, content interesting! And
that's the difference between a very skilled photographer with observation
talent and a babble mouth techie who couldn't shoot a good picture of a wet
brick using a $10,000 lens.

It's always been the user........that shot great images.... yep the correct
equipment whatever it maybe, helps. But like I say, "if the shooter can't
see anything worth while the equipment isn't going to make a great
photograph with interesting content and great use of the light!" PERIOD!
It's the human being clicking the shutter release!

cheers,
Dr. ted

Replies: Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] What a cheap lens can do)