Subject: [Leica] IMG: Wash Day
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 23:49:17 -0500

In photoshops there is
Image/ adjustments/ shadow-highlights...

That's what I use when I'm really in trouble in the contrast department.
If there is any information in those black shadows. It will extract it.
Highlights too. And both at the same time!
I used to not leave home without it. But now I use it only for rare hyper
contrast problems.

Another would be make two scans.
One for the shadows.
Another for the highlights.
Then combine them later in Photoshop.

Another thought if this is really a key image is having a drum scan made of
it. Might be worth it. Don't know what they cost now. Or who does it.

--
Mark R.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/winterdays/

> From: Tina Manley <images at comporium.net>
> Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 16:28:35 -0500
> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] IMG: Wash Day
>
> Thanks, Geoff.  I'm using Silverfast with the multiple exposure scan - HDR
48
> bit.  That results in what Lasersoft calls a raw Tiff.  It needs to
> be
processed either in their software or PS or LR.  I have tried all three
> and
can't see much difference so I usually use LR.  Most of my scans are
> fine
with those parameters, but the very contrasty ones made in bright
> sunlight
are a problem.  My photos are usually in low or no light so these
> contrast
problems are a change for me!  Any help I can get would be
> greatly
appreciated.

Tina

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 4:17 PM, Geoff Hopkinson

--

Tina Manley,
www.tinamanley.com