Subject: [Leica] WARNING Leica service
From: daveenglish at mac.com (David English)
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 14:29:43 -0700

Ten days ago yesterday today I shipped my M9 to Leica in New Jersey
for cleaning and inspection of the sensor for a bright pixel I noticed
when changing lenses. Then yesterday I got a letter, sent through the
US Postal Service asking me to send a cd or SD card showing image
problem.
So I called Leica service to try to understand why they didin't email
or call me for this to expedite the service period as I am a working
photographer and dependent on having my camera here where I use them
to earn a living. I got no live person but a message to leave my
number and someone would call me back before the end of the day. No
one called me back. Near the end of the day I called again and got the
same recorded message. I repeated my request for someone to please
return my call. It didn't happen.
Today I called Leica in New Jersey  and this time got Carmen on the
phone. She checked the status of my camera and said I should get it
back around the 15th of September. I told her forget about it, just
send my camera back I need it to work, seven weeks was too long to
take to clean a camera, plus I have a wedding coming up and I use the
Leica in conjunction with my Nikon in my business. She agreed that
seemed to her a rather lengthy time of service so she said she will
talk with the technician and see what they could do but there are a
lot of cameras in the queue for service. She said she would call me
back in 2 hours.
Several hours later Carmen called me back and said she thinks they
could have my camera out around the middle of August. I can only hope
that it will arrive before the wedding.
Nikon has the NPS, Nikon Professional Service to speed up repairs for
working photographers. I have seen amazing turn around time with
Nikon. I suggest Leica incorporate something like that, as not all of
their users are retired , some actually work.
Awaiting the return of my M9.
David

David English
daveenglish at mac.com