Subject: [Leica] M9 Grotty Sensor
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 11:17:28 -0700

Most sensors need cleaning after a while. If the camera has a self
cleaning vibrating system, it needs a lot less, but eventually it too
needs cleaning. If you only shoot at f/1.4 you really never need
cleaning; if you tend to shoot at f/22 a lot you need constant
cleaning.

Best is to learn how to do it yourself. Some swabs and fluid,
sparingly applied, and a good magnifier are a start. To check, shoot
a blank surface out of focus at f/16 or 22, then bring the image into
PS and increase the contrast. That'll show every spot.