Subject: [Leica] M9 Grotty Sensor
From: neilbeddoe at googlemail.com (Neil Beddoe)
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 10:10:21 +0100

I normally shoot pictures of people in towns and as a result my pictures
don't tend to have large areas with no detail such as blue skies.  I shot a
picture of a coastal scene at the weekend and discovered lots of round spots
in the sky area when I upped the contrast.  They look like spots of oil on
the sensor.  When I took Aperture's loupe to the pictures I took when I
first got the camera they were there too, except that they are fewer in
number.

I'm going to take the camera to the Leica Centre in Mayfair for a sensor
cleaning but but this looks like oil getting sprayed from somewhere inside
the camera to me.  Has anyone else seen this problem?

Neil

Replies: Reply from billcpearce at cox.net (Bill Pearce) ([Leica] M9 Grotty Sensor)
Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] M9 Grotty Sensor)
Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] M9 Grotty Sensor)