Subject: [Leica] M9 Grotty Sensor
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 17:34:27 -0700

While I have no way to prove it, My new M8 seemed to have the same
issue....but to be honest, I never checked until after  a trip and saw the
spots.

It was not dust.... it adhered and smeared when I cleaned it.  I thought at
the time it was oily, but had no way to prove it.

Anyway, once gone, and recently re-calibrated for non-focus, it seems just
fine.....

Film never got oily, dusty or otherwise...

The new way of doing things is really new.

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest) ([Leica] For the Leica user who has everything...)
Reply from ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] M9 Grotty Sensor)