Subject: [Leica] quite the photograph
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 13:44:23 -0700

The photographer Richard Lamm was interviewed today on CBC radio. He
contacted the people involved, and talked to the man's father, who
was just delighted. He's in Australia.

The girl's mother has not been contacted or no contact has been
reported, but her reaction might not have been the same.

Peter said the response to the photo has been amazing, and has
certainly garnered more instant fame than any other photo he has
shot. He heard about the photo being shown on the Jay Leno page this
morning from others.

In general, the reaction against the riot here in Vancouver has been
very strong. Of the 100 or so people that have been arrested so far,
only 6 are from Vancouver.

About a 1500 citizens helped city crews clean up yesterday, coming
with garbage bags etc. The police have received lots of support
messages, flowers, cookies, etc.

Websites and facebook pages are flooded with images and leads to the
worst rioters, and a lot of the really stupid ones, who have posted
pictures and/or admitted things on facebook or other places have been
outed to the general public, their employers and the police. Lots
more to come.

A truly disgusting display that had nothing to do with hockey, and
certainly nothing with the outcome, as a number of the instigators
came downtown with molotov cocktails, balaclavas, gas masks etc. Not
the usual items for a game. They were going to go for it, and the
outcome of the game had nothing to do with it.

If there ever is to be a crowd like this again, and the number of
people was predicted, a much greater police/military presence will be
needed.