Subject: [Leica] Another R option
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 18:15:49 -0400

Doug in this digital age color quality is like sharpness. Its riddled with
hidden defaults and near impossible to say which camera has better "color"
than another. I've never heard of one camera having better color than
another I think smart people are hesitant to make such statements; there is
to many things you can do to the color in your image. The Geeks on the list
will say anything to justify trading one system for another.
I can say from my own personal use in working with my D700 that the color
ain't broke. I'm not thinking "gee I wish I had a camera with better color"
all I'm thinking is "gee this color is amazing!". It's right on the money
and beyond.
I just search engined "D700 bad color" and came up with ziltch out of the
tens of thousands of photographers out there using one you'd think one would
have the crazy idea that the color needed to be better?
The color you get from the camera or really most any good DSLR is totally at
your mercy. You can do anything you want with it. Nobody I can find is
complaining. Gee it might be nice to have the High rez version of the camera
but how useful would it be really? Making huge prints for the Carmel
Galleries?

Mark

Mark William Rabiner