Subject: [Leica] Horrible but stunning
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 08:42:25 +0530

Richard,
Read the book - it caused a storm when it was published, we are
looking at the subject after 45 years of 'me too' articles, books ,
photographs, etc have dulled our reactions and senses to such
subjects. He opened the door for such commentary, and made it kosher,
which is what I meant by 'put to rest'. I read it in the late 1960s
and was blown away - by the way, in those days there were only books
to influence your thinking, no internet, computers, Ipads, etc!

If you want to go to probably the granddaddy of social commentary
pictorially, you could do no better than William Hogarth.

Cheers
Jayanand