Subject: [Leica] OT - need some direction about micro 4/3 cameras
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 16:42:28 -0400

>>  Olympus vs. Lumix , which bodies do people use and like.  EVF have
they
>> gotten any better.  Pros and Cons.  Help I'm drowning in unhelpful
>> information so I need actual shooters to help me decide.
>>
>> ernie nitka

I have a GF-1. I consider it one of a handful of classic cameras that
I've purchased over the years. Classic means that I like it more than I
thought I would, and after several years I still like it as much as the
first day I bought it.

I bought the EVF when I bought the GF-1. It stays on the camera 99.9% of
the time. I love the histogram feature. Sure I wish it had better
resolution. But I can't recall where I missed a shot because it didn't.
Adequate sums up how I feel about the EVF. Not fantastic, but not
lacking. To me the GF-1 isn't the same camera without it.

The GF-2 doesn't interest me as much. I think I'd prefer an Olympus EP
(with  EVF, of course).

Dave R

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] OT - need some direction about micro 4/3 cameras)