Subject: [Leica] PMK Developer
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 13:52:00 -0400

Chris wrote:

>>Pyro is toxic... Is it worth it? <<

I'm more careful with it that I am with Xtol. But it's not like it
requires a Hazmat suit to work with it. The only time I'm on edge is
when I first mix it. I use powders. Once in solution it's not so bad.

>> I tried it with Efke and Foma films <<

I like FP-4, HP-5 and Pan-F, in that order. I shoot everything at about
half the rated speed when developing in PMK. I like Tri-X, too.

>> This developer is a pain to use...The big question is, of course, IS
IT WORTH THE HASSLE?

Everything about film is a pain and probably not worth the hassle. I
still use some, for reasons I can explain. The retro experience, maybe.
I use a Rolleiflex.

PMK is my favorite developer. It has a good shelf life in separate
solution. In fact, it's the only thing I use any more. As a developer
it's pretty forgiving. You just need to exercise some care with it.

Dave R

Replies: Reply from benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney) ([Leica] PMK Developer)