Subject: [Leica] IMG: For Nathan BOKEH ?????????????
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 11:05:03 -0600

Hi Ted,

Your advice is appreciated, and will be heeded.  My comments to Nathan were
brought about because he commented on some very irritating backgrounds that
I had posted, with the lens stopped down to about f/6.3 or f/8.  I had been
worrying about DOF, hence stopped down.  What I now see is that this lens is
plenty sharp wide open, and the DOF, for most shots, is adequate at f/4.

As to sharpness, as you know better than I, eyesight can be a problem when
one is over 80.  I am scheduled to get some new glasses in a couple of
weeks.  Hopefully, they will assist my ageing eyes in the focus department.
The monopod seems to help a lot in steadying the camera.

Thanks for the comments.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA