Subject: [Leica] new photos in the gallery
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 14:32:01 -0500

Ted?

I love the shot of the dog holding the bone in his paws, as if savoring it
(a la a glass of Lagavullin) before digging in. It would have been ordinary
without your sacrifices to get the low angle!

But the real masterpieces were the two of Blind Mike. I'd be interested in
knowing whether you visualized it, or perhaps even arranged it, but the
stripes of light and shadow falling across his head and face from the blinds
were a masterful accent to the portraiture, especially the head shot. All
sorts of deep and tasty connotations (like those found in a glass of
Lagavullin?)?a life lived in the shadows, a sightless man being accented by
the very light he can't see, etc etc etc as they teach us to perceive
(imagine?) in Art Depreciation classes. Very classy and dramatic. Shoot from
the shadow side, indeed.

?howard

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca) ([Leica] new photos in the gallery)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca) ([Leica] new photos in the gallery)