Subject: [Leica] B&W image quality
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 20:20:05 -0500

I regularly surf the web on an aluminum 12" Apple Powerbook although I
process and store photos on a 20" iMac. I have noticed that some B&W images
on the Powerbook screen appear significantly better than others. Pictures
loaded by Lluis and a couple of other Luggers appear to have full tonality
and deeper blacks while those by some other photographers appear to have a
compressed tonal range and appear almost as if they were clipped from a
newspaper. I don't mean to insult anyone here. What I want to know is if the
difference is an artifact of my computer, the processing and scanning
techniques employed by the photographers, or just my imagination.

I don't see as much difference on the iMac but there are still some.
Incidentally, the Powerbook has a matte screen, the iMac a glossy screen.
Larry Z

Replies: Reply from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] B&W image quality)