Subject: [Leica] IMG: annoying banding - is my M8 becoming a paper weight?
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 23:40:55 +0100
References: <4AE947AB-AF74-4E4A-B0AE-DA96FB5D330A@frozenlight.eu> <261015A2-ED0E-4C3A-87BC-2AFB15E8F946@frozenlight.eu> <5CDA7FB5-D644-46CD-9E7F-468F72760406@gmail.com> <AANLkTikk6WJG4pHSow0SpioQ61LCrELs0MzU36Cvh=rk@mail.gmail.com> <7D792F03-C902-4EAE-ACF5-18B4201BFE4A@frozenlight.eu> <AANLkTimo7cNyTfBuLh18QbE11LQ5DxTBWZ4CM9ydk_oP@mail.gmail.com> <62C9B356-EB49-479D-96D1-13C28677659A@frozenlight.eu> <AANLkTimEw6yB0KpoRUMjDZw0XT+VSAFkrFYNh2=uH3G7@mail.gmail.com> <AANLkTinMEWeOUo7C0wTN7jOB2GSkANL5FdY4gkahKwzq@mail.gmail.com>

Hi all,

Just a rather abstract, and possibly absolutely silly
idea - I'm not even sure whether the same parameters
(or indeed physics and electronics) apply, but we used
to get banding effects like that on seismogram
recordings when a powerful power source was somewhere
near to the geophone line on seismic surveys.  - if
anyone could work out the frequency, you might be able
to locate the source.

Did you have a mobile phone switched on and close to
the camera when the banding happened, were you near a
mobile phone antenna? Close to high-voltage power
lines, a generator or or a starting car? These were
typical of the electronic and acoustic problems we
encountered, and the very devil to get rid of.

Cheers
Douglas

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: annoying banding - is my M8 becoming apaper weight?)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] IMG: annoying banding - is my M8 becoming a paper weight?)