Subject: [Leica] IMG: annoying banding - is my M8 becoming a paper weight?
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 21:03:55 +0100

Just an update...while Leica is studying the original DNG file and has
fallen silent, I have just downloaded another batch of photos shot on Sunday
in a bar, and again out of 45 pics about 4 or 5 are affected. This time I
used a different card and a different lens, so my only conclusion is that
the M8 sensor cannot cope with low light very well, or at least not my M8
sensor. Does not exactly inspire confidence and gives me serious pause when
considering any future purchase of an M9.

I am slowly coming to the conclusion (not just based on this incident, but
my overall experience) that Leica is like an Italian sports car or
motorcycle: brilliant when it works but unreliable.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain
http://www.frozenlight.eu