Subject: [Leica] 4/3 Adapters
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 10:16:09 +0000

FWIW I have used Olympus cameras on and off since the OM1. I had a few
lenses - I am better at buying lenses than selling...
The arrival of the micro 4/4 system meant these cameras really were small.
The normal 4/3 lenses are still quite large, but truly excellent optically,
it makes me realise what Erwin reported about big lenses being naturally
optically easy to get excellent than small ones is in evidence here.
Anyway, I bought a G1 soon after trying it at Photokina 2000 since it was
the first 4/3 SLR with a large bright viewfinder (albeit electronic), I
upgraded that to a GH! when available. It had not been a primary intention
to fit my M lenses at all, but I bought an adapter and the ability to use
the Noctilux, for example, on a video is pretty compelling.
I also bought a Canon FD adapter. Again I had an old FD 300mm f2.8 lens,
which I had continued to use on my EOS with the Canon FD to EOS
adapter/teleconverter. Using this on a micro 4/3 gives a compact 600mm f2.8
equivalent kit which I can carry when out walking and get fairly good bird
shots.
Whilst I use the M9 most, the occasions when a reflex is more suitable are
increasingly served by the GH1 rather than the bulky Nikon or Canon
alternative.
OTOH I have tried the viewfinderless ones and don't find them useful.
Frank

Message from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] 4/3 Adapters)
Message from daniel at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] 4/3 Adapters)
Message from lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary) ([Leica] 4/3 Adapters)