Subject: [Leica] 4/3 Adapters
From: lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary)
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 13:23:21 -0600

I've never done this and really do not see the use of it.  The 90 on an
M camera you are only using a tiny part of the finder anyway to compose,
with the G2 it is basically an SLR so the full viewing area is used,
composition is much easier.  That alone is a huge plus to me.  Second I
am not a pixel peeper, I use what I like.  If it gives me results I like
I can care less what others say or think.  For some reason the people on
this list do not like Canon, well I strongly disagree, I far prefer
Canon to that other brand.  Personal opinion, everyone has one. Mine is
no more valid than anyone else's.

I find the focusing of the 90, my Noctilux at f1 easier on the G2 than
the M because of the ability to hugely magnify the image.  I get
consistently sharp images at f1 and my Noctilux on the G2 where on my M9
it is about 50/50 sharp or not.  I am pretty sure the difference is
because my eyes are not what they used to be and at f1 it is not very
forgiving.

I am not sure how the G1 works, but with the G2 I press the little dial
and the viewfinder image enlarges, turn it one click to the right and it
maginifies again.  Focus press the shudder button and it takes a photo.
  I do not notice any shutter delay in the G2.  I got the G2 because of
the EVF, I'd think using one of those cameras you look at the back to
shoot would be difficult.  Personally I do not like looking at the back
of a camera to compose images...something about that just does not work
for me too well.

I like having both the G2 and M9, IMHO they compliment each other and I
can use my most excellent Leica lenses on both...also with the G2 I can
make video using my Leica glass.  I did so of my daughters Christmas
orchestra with my Noctilux, very nice looking video.

Have a great New Year Hoppy, hope it is nice and warm...I am so jealous.
  I hate cold.

Harrison.

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] 4/3 Adapters)
Message from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] 4/3 Adapters)