Subject: [Leica] OT: Apple Mac gets grindingly slow...
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 01:40:41 +0900

Thanks, Daniel,

maybe I can put 4 GB of RAM in this MacBook Pro, but it will only act
as 3.  Or something like that, which I obviously don't understand
properly.  I dug around a bit and found a thread that helped.  The
last post in that thread suggests that in my Mac's case, 3 GB would
perform better than 4 GB.
(http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=493133
).

I just looked at my Lightroom catalogue and see I have close to 9000
photos in there now.  How would I go about creating a new catalogue?
If I work out how to do that, I think I should split this 9000 strong
catalogue in two also.

All the best,

Peter Cheyne

Replies: Reply from David at incendiaryimage.com (David Degner) ([Leica] OT: Apple Mac gets grindingly slow...)