Subject: [Leica] Friday WTB: Cosina 12mm, 15mm M mount?
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 06:44:12 +1000

Two coding options for the ZM 18 from J Milich. A replacement finely
machined bronze lens flange (which I bought) or sending him the flange from
the lens. With both you end up with coding pits that will work perfectly and
permanently with a little paint. On the M8 you need to decide which Leica
lens you want to emulate by choosing the version that brings up the
compatible frame lines for agreement (even though you don't use the frame
lines). You can code as The Wide Angle Tri Elmar (the 18 position on that is
the menu default) or the new Super Elmar but you can't interchange the two
options. On the M9 the framelines ageement limitation doesn't happen.
 Remember that on the M8 you want a 24mm finder of course. The Cosina
Voigtlander (CV) is perfectly usable andthe best value for casual use
really. The Zeiss 25/28 one is superb but expensive and in my opinion the
Leica one is optically not as good as that one. Another option is to find
the discontinued 21-24-28 Leica finder. No framelines but is compact and
versatile. I tthink they were made elsewhere for Leica Camera, if that
matters.
ZM 18 (on M8)
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/101813580
Super Elmar 18 (on M8)