Subject: [Leica] DNG
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 16:22:00 -0400

There are other advantages to running the Leica DNG files through Adobe's
DNG conversion software.  When you are using a cataloging software like
Expression Media, the thumbnail is taken from the DNG file.  Leica's is too
small to be usable.  With Adobe you can choose to save a larger thumbnail in
the DNG.  The Adobe DNG is still smaller than the Leica one and there is no
loss.

Tina