Subject: [Leica] PESO: Concert
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 17:26:53 -0400

That's just the Coppertone girl after brunch <g>.

Lately, I've been gravitating toward Fuji films over Kodak.  The Acros 100
is unbeatable for a combination of great contrast along with exceptional
smoothness and detail, along with fine grain.  I've also been impressed by
the Neopan 400 (which I pushed to 800) shot at the steampunk festival--the
grain was surprisingly tight--whereas with Tri-X I'd have been rushing to
use some grain-suppression program like Neat Image.

I do all my developing in D76 at a 1:1 dilution.  I like the results, and
don't mind waiting a few extra minutes in the developing stage.  Plus, it
doubles the amount of developer available <g>.

I do some minor image manipulation in Photoshop, mainly dust/spot removal.
Sometimes I will tweak the contrast a tiny bit, or increase (or decrease)
the darkness--which is more a measure of slightly-off exposures or
variations from scanning.

Best,
Jim