Subject: [Leica] Acer Aspire One with CS4 vs Capture NX 2
From: alal at poly.edu (A. Lal)
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 22:13:04 -0400

When you pack an external optical, the weight difference between the Z and X
is not so great. Further, the X series uses an Atom processor.

A year or two ago I was interested in one of the HP net books, they had
models with the Via processor and with the Atom (an earlier generation).
Neither one seemed particularly speedy even on routine tasks like web
surfing or on-line streaming. The Atom was *almost* ,but not quite, good
enough. At a minimum I'd want a dual core in my mini-notebook.

In the plus column, the battery life on the X is reputedly excellent.