Subject: [Leica] AGA Stoves
From: ken at iisaka.com (Ken Iisaka)
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 12:07:18 -0700

They are more like the original Leicaflex.

It's great in an environment like Northern Europe where it is also used to
heat the room at all times, 365 days a year.  Why else would you want it to
be on at all times, though the cooktops are temperature regulated, so it is
designed to produce as little heat as possible when not in use.  However,
the stove is warm at all times, and while it's great to dry your socks, I
can't see it being great in the summer, especially in South Carolina.

I think the modern Leica equivalent is really the magnetic induction stoves.
 They are efficient, precise, and produce great results.  In use in Europe
and Asia for decades, they are just becoming popular in the US.  The
greatest thing about them is that they don't heat up the room much, because
the heat is produced by the cooking utensils themselves.