Subject: [Leica] Acer Aspire One with CS4 vs Capture NX 2
From: john.o.newell at comcast.net (J. Newell)
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 00:24:08 +0000 (UTC)

Jim, I'm afraid I can't help on CS5.?

FYI/FWIW, I think I paid $120 shipped for NX2 from Calumet, and that price
was at the time about $30 below the price of the NIK program that did only a
part of what NX2 does.? Either can be configured as an external editor for
LR, too, which is not a bad way to use the U-point technology.

Not much help on laptop configs, but I did upgrade my desktop from a Pentium
Core Duo to a Quad Core after getting a little frustrated with NX2.? The
machine has 4gb RAM.? Going from the Core Duo to the Quad made a world of
difference in terms of how fast images load while editing.? There are
probably energy consumption and dissipation issues with a laptop, though??
Haven't bought one in a couple of years.

John