Subject: [Leica] IMG: Garden portrait
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 12:59:32 +1000

Thanks for looking Mark (and thanks also to anyone else I've missed).
Maybe worthwhile clarifying a couple of points:

The LUG galleries (thanks again Brian for this resource!) allow you to
adjust your available image sizes and I normally have just one after you
click the thumbnail.
This shot is a crop from the full file and is at 100% so every pixel is
there in what you see.

Noise/grain: The M9 is probably a stop or so better than the M8 there and
there are big advances in later Lightroom versions for capture sharpening
and noise reduction. Those are inter-related and underexposure is very bad
ju-ju. Basically you can preserve all of the finer detail while reducing
noise in areas of more continuous tone (like the OoF areas).  Maybe I can
post some thoughts on the LUG Pearls Wiki.

Good tripod and careful technique. So 1/30th not a problem here. These were
just casual shots without any elaborate setup. Flash is another skill set
and circumstance of course.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman