Subject: [Leica] IMG: Garden portrait
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 20:16:55 -0400

> Today I received a macro adapter for my Macro Elmar 90 and tried it out on
> my M9 (ISO 800 100% crop).
> No Valanga Irregularis were harmed in the making of this portrait
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hoppyman/2/ghcu.jpg.html
>
> Cheers
> Geoff
> http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman

That beats the **&^% out of the 5D shot I just saw 10 minutes ago out of the
lug gallery Sure wish when I clicked on it it got bigger at all let alone
like it did.
Its an internet convention.
see
Click
Make bigger
I start to drool on the bell when I click but then no dog bone.
It looks like an electron microscope shot.

And proves the wise adage that if you want macro a rangefinder camera is the
wrong tool for the job use an SLR.

Which proves what I always say.
The rule is usually wrong. Its always what you don't think.

As its so totally grainless I wonder if you don't have the color anti noise
setting cranked up just a bit high hurting sharpness as here we are at iso
800 and it looks like 100. But too small to really tell.

This much sharpness macro at 1/30th of a second is pretty mystical.

People into shooting like this often find its very much about using a flash
so you can BOTH stop down and have a blazingly high shutter speed. As both
is very much more so needed in the macro realm than in the normal realm.
You just use a dedicated cord. No one dreams you've used a flash. And its a
convention. You get when people are used to seeing.
But you pretty much did it without one here.

[Rabslov]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] IMG: Garden portrait)