Subject: [Leica] IMG Opinions
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 20:06:54 -0400

> I sure would appreciate opinions on which of these two variations of a
> recent
> Big Sur photo you like best. If you want to share why, that would be very
> helpful too.
>
> http://rgaphoto.com/2010-05-07-Big-Sur/index.html
>
> Thanks very much in advance,
> Bob
>  Bob Adler
> Palo Alto, CA
> http://www.rgaphoto.com

Me I'd not shoot at f11 with an ultrawide unless I had a little daisy in the
foreground 3 feet away from me and also wanted the clouds.  A thing I'm very
often wanting with ultrawide use.
125th of a second you're getting you'll turn the waves into ice  with a
faster speed but they're far enough away anyway.

The sky is unusual and almost too interesting. How much of the point of the
picture do we want it to be? They really are amazing. I love clouds.
If you were like me you were tempted to select the sky for the most clarity
through contrast and density controls. Curves and levels. And bring out the
pattern and texture of the clouds to the upmost. And see what you didn't
even see when you were clicking the shot. Very Ansel Adams. I'm all for it.
But this looks like maybe it could be cranked back a step.
And that's the first shot with the horizon in the middle.
The second shot with the Horizon dipped it really is both too much plus you
get a curvature of the earth which know is not flat but round and this shot
proves it.
Its nice to see the west coast.
An enviable image.

[Rabs]