Subject: [Leica] lens cloth good enough for leica lenses?
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 10:29:49 +0930

I found that microfibre cloths very quickly hold more oil and dirst
than they remove.  Lenspen is a very good way to go, particularly if
your lens is older or might have soft coating.  If you are very
confident that your lens has no hard particles on it and that the
coating is modern and hard, a regular pencil eraser works well.  This
seems to be the stadard trick/method that the Leica service people in
Solms use when people bring their lenses there.

Marty