Subject: [Leica] Bandhavgarh People
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 20:31:20 +0530

George,
This is nothing compared to the crowds you get in East Africa, for example
there were over 20-25 vehicles around when I took this shot at the Mara, and
the vehicles were really jostling around, and I was really scared that the
cubs would get run over (they were barely 6 weeks old):

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Kenya/20090912_070358Mara.jpg.html

You can also choose the time you visit here - in May the sightings are
wonderful, there is no crowd, but it is also 45C - you take your choice. We
also had long periods with tigers when we were the only jeep around - only
in Bandhavgarh. which is a small place, does this sort of mayhem occur - 22
vehicles can theoretically congregate at one point, compared to, say,
Ranthambhore, where the theoretical limit is 8.

Cheers
Jayanand