Subject: [Leica] OT: Any Optometrists on the LUG
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 01:30:30 +1000

James, I had FE's and FE2s. From memory the bare viewfinder was actually -1
diopter. The screw in eyepieces  took that into account and one marked "0"
would actually be +1 on its own. That is the combined effect of the finder
and eyepiece is 0 diopter.  But then it's been a while. Still some refernces
on this stuff in the family, I can check.
Cosina also makes compatible correction lenses (for the Voigtlander RF
cameras) and you may find those easier to source?
Try Gandy or KEH or just the Bay for something used. At least they are
cheaper than the Leica ones which are priced as though they are machined
from the Hope diamond or something.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman